Disaster Action Team Responses

Late Tuesday, April 22, a man had a serious kitchen fire in his Mobile Home in Boring, OR. The homeowner was not present as she was already hospitalized for a serious illness. The Red Cross volunteers went out and assisted him by providing:
— Three nights in a local motel (two hamsters included).
— A Client Assistance Card to shop for food and clothing.

Case will be monitored for future assistance for the hospitalized women. Fortunately the homeowner had some Homeowners Insurance which will help meet their repair needs.