Prepare-aphernalia: Slip-On Coasters
With H1N1 and seasonal flu making the rounds this season, it’s especially important to avoid swapping germs by mistakenly drinking from someone else’s glass at Thanksgiving dinner. (You wouldn’t want to inadvertantly give – or receive – The Holiday Gift You Don’t Want.)
That’s why I’m loving these slip-on coasters from DimmalimmHome on Etsy. They’re handy, classy, and just seem much more practical than wine glass charms. They come in packs of six, but it looks like you can get combos of 12 or more color/shape variations if you’re planning a big holiday party.
Could there be a more stylish way to be prepared for flu season? I think not.
Here are a few more tips for keeping your germs to yourself at holiday gatherings:
– Avoid the usual kisses and handshakes when greeting friends and family.
– If hosting the holiday dinner and someone in the household becomes ill, make sure that they can be isolated into a separate area for care, or ask another family member to host dinner to avoid spreading the flu.
– Wash hands frequently, before preparing food, while cooking, and especially before eating.
– Keep plenty of hand soap in the bathroom, preferably in a pump container. Skip the pretty hand towels this year and instead use disposable hand towels or a roll of paper towels.
– Consider putting the glasses away this year and using plastic cups, or provide a way for guests to identify their drinks. (