Red Cross Houses 50 People Overnight in Chetco Bar Wildfire Evacuation Center
Portland, August 21st, 10:00am
The American Red Cross continues to shelter people evacuated because of the Chetco Bar Fire in Curry County. The Red Cross housed approximately 50 people in the Gold Beach Red Cross shelter last night, located at Riley Elementary School, 94350 6th St, Gold Beach, OR 97444.
Information on Red Cross shelter assistance:
– Individuals and families in need of shelter assistance may simply show up at the shelter for help.
– People facing evacuations and in need of shelter assistance may call (888) 680-1455.
For information on the Chetco Bar wildfire:
– Residents in Curry County who have a landline will receive emergency notifications via that number.
– Residents who do not have a landline or want to receive notifications on a cell phone must sign up for Emergency Alerts. To do this, go to the Curry County website or visit https://member.everbridge.net/index/89280773623773#/login
– Residents in need of fire information may call the Chetco Bar Fire Information Line at: 541-247-3680
– Residents facing evacuations should make arrangements to move property and livestock. Caged animals and livestock can relocate to the Curry County Fairgrounds (event center at the beach). For more info on livestock relocation to the fairgrounds, call 541-425-1821.
The Red Cross continues to operate a shelter in Sisters, OR due to the Milli Fire and housed 14 people overnight last night. The Sisters Red Cross Shelter is located at Sisters Middle School, 15200 Hwy 242 (McKenzie Highway), Sisters, OR. The Red Cross is partnering with the Pet Evacuation Team of Central Oregon to provide accommodations for evacuated pets. A representative from the Pet Evacuation Team will be on-site at the Red Cross shelter to answer questions and assist people coming to the shelter. Individuals and families affected by the wildfires and in need of shelter assistance are encouraged to simply show up at one of the shelters for help and information.