Check it out!
It also came with a bunch of handy facts about donating. Here they are:
- One blood donation can help save up to 3 lives
- Only 8% of the eligible US population donates blood
- Every 2 seconds someone in American needs blood
- Less than 30% of the people who give blood once will ever give blood again
- Donated blood only lasts for 42 days
- You can donate blood as many as 6 times a year
Did you know all of these? I knew four out of six; the one about repeat blood donors was news to me, but not a huge surprise.
I’ll keep you posted when I give blood again — it will likely be at the next Friends and Family Drive. Join me?