Word on the street is that something big is happening in D.C. on January 20. An inauguration, perhaps?
I actually have a personal connection to the event — my mom and brother have tickets and have talked of nothing else for the past few weeks. Since I want them (and you!) to be safe and sound, I thought I’d share these great inauguration tips from the national Red Cross folks.
Here are just a few:
- Wear warm, comfortable shoes because you will probably be standing for a long time and walking long distances.
- Check the weather forecast and dress appropriately. When possible, dress in layers.
- Have cash with you to purchase food and drink, and pay for mass transit tickets and parking.
- If you take any medications, bring it with you because there will be delays in getting to and from events.
- If you are driving, be sure to have a full tank of gas before you leave. Otherwise you may become stranded while waiting in traffic.
- Be aware that it may be difficult to talk or send pictures from your cell phone. Send text messages instead of making calls whenever possible.
For more helpful inauguration-related links, visit Red Cross Chat.