But today a volunteer sent me this real-life story from right here in Oregon about how a bee sting can be deadly and how important it is to at least know the basics of first aid.
Here’s a tidbit:
“Sarah had been out for her morning five-mile run and got bitten by a yellow jacket on her way up the walk. She didn’t think much of it and proceeded to the shower. Within a few minutes she started to feel dizzy. Thinking it was just the heat of the shower combined with a warm morning, she sat down to clear her head. Luckily she decided something was really wrong and shouted for me. ” Continue reading.
Photo courtesy of autan