Just one thing.
That’s it. As Robin would say, “Easy peasy.”
To get you started, here are some quick ideas:
- Buying enough water for my family
- Setting aside extra pet food
- Picking up a crank radio
- Taking the free online Be Red Cross Ready training
- Practicing the “sleeve sneeze“
- Putting games for the kids in my kit
- Picking a disaster meet-up place
You get the point. It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive or hard. And if you tweet us with just one thing, we’ll enter you to win — not one, but three — prizes that will get you started on being prepared for anything:
You have until September 30 to send us your tweet (please use the hashtag #just1thing for tracking purposes) to be entered. If you win, we’ll send you your prizes via snail mail.Easy peasy.P.S. I’ve just decided that if you do multiple things, you can get multiple entries. This doesn’t mean you get an entry for every item you add to your disaster kit (that could go on forever), but if you’re taking several different preparedness actions, be sure to let us know all of them!