As the school year is coming to a close, so is the High School Blood Drive Challenge. However, High School Seniors currently enrolled at a High School Challenge school and accepted to attend an accredited University in the Fall now have an excellent opportunity!
The American Red Cross is proud to announce that up to seven students will be awarded a scholarship for $1,000 each to be used toward college expenses. Qualified students must complete and submit an application form and essay to the American Red Cross no later than close of business on Friday, June 11, 2010. Scholarship decisions will be made by a selection committee at the Red Cross, using the following five criteria, based on the information in your application.
1. Demonstration of high level of dedication and leadership.
2. Representing the mission of the American Red Cross.
3. Active participation in your school’s Blood Drive Challenge, either as a volunteer or blood donor, including leadership in coordinating and/or recruiting donors for your school’s Blood Drive Challenge.
4. Participation in blood drive activities outside of your school’s Blood Drive Challenge.
5. Best answers to the essay question specified on the scholarship application.
For the application and official rules, click here! The Scholarship is sponsored by our friends at the Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers Community Fund.
Want some great ideas for how to get involved with the American Red Cross Blood Services as a student? Visit our student website.