|Red Cross and NW Natural staff member and volunteers
working at the Get Ready! events at Portland Fire & Rescue on Sept. 7.
For the second year in a row, the Cascades Region of the American Red Cross has partnered with NW Natural to host a series of ten “Get Ready!” events. These events are free to the public, and include: safety demonstrations, kids’ activities, preparedness materials, food and free Red Cross emergency kits to the first 100 families at each event.
In conjunction with these events, NW Natural donated $18,000 from its corporate philanthropy fund to disaster preparedness, and on Sept. 11, the company announced an additional $35,000 to support the Red Cross over the next three years.
|Kip Much, community affairs manager at NW Natural
presents Oregon Mountain River Chapter’s Executive Director
Meghan O’Hara a check to support community preparedness.
“We couldn’t be more thankful of this tremendous gift,” Maree said. “This will allow us to increase community resiliency year-round and help us respond to local disasters.”
- Get Ready Vernonia | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Saturday, Sept. 14 | Vernonia High School, 1000 Missouri Ave., Vernonia
- Get Ready North Coast | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Saturday, Sept. 14 | Camp Rilea, Warrenton
- Get Ready Hood River | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Saturday, Sept. 14 | Hood River Fire Dept., 1785 Meyer Parkway, Hood River
- Get Ready Lincoln County | 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Saturday, Sept. 28 | Oregon National Guard Armory, 541 SW Coast Hwy., Newport
- Get Ready The Dalles | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Saturday, Sept. 28 | Water’s Edge, 551 Lonepine Blvd., The Dalles